Free Online Living Well Programme
What is the Living Well Programme?
Living Well is a free group self-management programme. Self-management is what a person does every day to manage their long-term health condition. This may include making choices to improve your health such as becoming more active, eating more healthily and stopping smoking. It may also include more complex tasks such as taking medication, monitoring your symptoms, coping with the emotional aspects of the condition and communicating with healthcare professionals.
Living with a long-term health condition can be challenging but may be especially so during Covid 19. The Living Well programme supports you to develop the skills which will help you to live well with a long-term health condition(s). The Living Well programme has proven to be effective in helping people to manage their health conditions better.
What does Living Well involve?
- Living Well is a group programme which runs online for six weeks. There is one workshop a week which lasts 2.5 hours
- Two trained facilitators run the workshops each week. At least one of the facilitators lives with a long-term health condition
- People taking part in the workshops may have the same health condition(s) as you. Others will have different health conditions. There will be up to ten people taking part in the group
- The workshops are delivered in a relaxed and friendly way so that all participants can learn from each other. You can also share experiences of living with your condition(s)
- Each person who takes part gets a book about self-management.
- The Living Well programme is not suitable for people with significant memory or learning difficulties
Who is Living Well for?
Living Well is for adults 18 years and over. It is suitable for you if you are:
- living with one or more long-term health conditions (click here for a list of examples)
- caring for someone with a long-term health condition
Programme Start Dates:
Wednesday 14th April - 10.30am to 1pm
Wednesday 28th April - 10.30am to 1pm
Tuesday 18th May - 7.30pm-9.30pm
Wednesday 26th May - 10.30am to 1pm